sábado, 10 de septiembre de 2011

Cocoon Heroes presents Nina Kraviz / Monday September 12th / AMNESIA




The Monday Cocoon Heroes Party receive this week Nina Kraviz.
After stormed the DC-10, the Space and Ushuaia, the siberian born singer and Dj come back for the second time in Amnesia to share the Mainroom with the Cocoon Kaiser, Sven Vath.



Originally a dentistry student in Moscow, Nina Kraviz has been immersed in the music industry for some time but only recently has her star risen when in 2007, she get the Friday residence in the moscovit club, Propaganda.

She first caught our eye with the killer groove ‘Pain In The Ass’ on Radioslave’s fabric48 album back in 2009. Since then, Nina has been carving out refreshing sound signatures underpinned by emotive and textured spoken word with a nod to the classic sounds of Detroit and Chicago. Creating a buzz on labels such as Jus Ed's Underground Quality and Efdemin's vinyl-only label, her most recent release ‘I’m Week’ on Rekids has received huge underground support for its twist on ‘heartbreak house.’



Not afraid to grab hold the mic, Nina’s ethereal voice entrances the thumping 4/4 beat, making every groove distinctly her own. With her reputation as a DJ now preceding her and her strikingly raw, simple, and emotional Deep House making waves through the scene, Nina Kraviz’s future definitely looks assured for now.

However, when you ask her about her future plans, she answers that she doesn’t like talk about her plans, in her opinion, « God makes jokes about you when you tell him about your plans, as far as you realise you are a small little person on this planet and you don’t decide anything, everything is fine.»

In march 2011, she answers at an original interview realized by Annie Buckle for the Fabric London blog :

A play on words if you will… 



Food: Simple yet high quality food, basically everything fresh and grown with love, Russian food! I have an especially soft spot for chicken soup. My day is not complete if I don't get my soup. Ahh! I almost forgot my ultimate food weakness - chocolate cake.



Drink: Apfelschorle – a typical German drink: half apple juice and half sparkling water.



City: I am a Moscovite. I enjoy my daily struggle with my lovely Moscow. My other love is Italy, if you have ever been to Florence, Venice, Rome or any other Italian city you will totally agree with me. Some people (even Italians) say "it's fucked up" but don’t believe it - they’re lying. It’s one of the greatest countries on the planet. I’m also secretly crazy about Japan but I never say that in public because it's so obvious that it's a dope country that you don't need to say it out loud. Once it's spoken it almost sounds like the epitome of banality - like moving to Berlin. Everyone on earth loves Japan. Almost everyone wants to move to Berlin. 



Film: l Deserto dei Tartari (The desert of the tartars) by Valerio Zurlini. Simply amazing.



Studio Equipment: Analog synthesizers with knobs and keys. I like touching knobs in real time, recording live and seeing what happens. Last time I was in a knob-tweaking mood was just yesterday looking for the right bass for my new song. Brand wise, the usual suspects – Moog, Dave Smith, Veroma, Roland, Yamaha and Korg. 



Fashion: Maison Martin Margiela



Art: Art Deco, Soviet Constructivism



Record label: Apart from the ones I’m signed to it’s got to be Honest Jon, Tectonic, FHXE, Novel Sound, Strength
Music, Relief, and my all time favourite, my pain, my tears- Dance Mania.



Producers: Gerald McDonald aka Heinrich Muller aka Dopplereffect aka (there are so many aka’s that I prefer
to stop going ahead with it) ,especially his project with Mr. Stinson Drexiya. Then there’s Arthur Russel, DBX, Robert Hood, Shackleton, Aphex Twin, Omar S, DJ Qu, Fred P and Levon Vincent.



Song: Mans Friday-Winners (Larry Levan Demo Mix)




This Monday, Nina Kraviz will be in Amnesia sharing the Mainroom with The Cocoon Daddy. In the terrace, Loco Dice, Seth Troxler and Markus Fix.

You’ll can share this Cocoon experience, listenning Radio Amnesia on Monday from 23H00 to 03H00 on www.amnesia.es and also on Ibiza Sonica which become Radio Amnesia every night. 95.2 fm or www.ibizasonica.com