miércoles, 21 de septiembre de 2011

CARL COX Funk, Soul & House Session / Friday September 23th 14H00-23H00 at SANDS




After revolutionized the Space during all the summer on Tuesdays, and 3 days after the Carl Cox Revolution Closing Party on september 20th, The Master Carl will be in SANDS Beach club (Playa D’em Bossa) this friday for a Funk, Soul & House All Afternoon Session from 14H00 to 23H00.

Asked by Essential Ibiza Blog about his sessions in SANDS, kind of music very different of that he use to play here, in Ibiza, he just seems amused :

I really wanted to be able to find a place to play that kind of music so I bought the company! (Laughs) I just love the fact that for once people can see what I can do on the other side of the coin and with that I have had some of the best times playing. Six hours minimum playing all this music with some classic house thrown in and it’s a really good, fun time. It’s completely different to anything else that’s going on on this island and it freaks people out. They come down and I’m playing Gwen Guthrie “Ain’t Nothing Going On But The Rent” and they haven’t heard this record let alone me playing it and they don’t get it and what’s really nice about it is that it’s cool that they don’t get it. That’s where I came from, that is the school of the music that got me where I am today and I still want people to know that. People that are actually my age group appreciate that I’ve thought about dong this but it’s a great day and something for everyone to look forward to and it works really well, when I’m playing I’ve got this great big smile on my face, dropping all these records and you can see people feeling it and that’s why I do this.

Well, Nobody can explain it better than himself…

Ibiza Sonica will restransmit This Special Carl COX session from 15H00 to 22H00.

Listen the live broadcast from the SANDS on 95.2 fm and www.ibizasonica.com